Friday, 22 June 2018

RESULTS: Rangers fans speak out over Jon Flanagan



An Ibrox Noise poll recently confirmed Rangers fans are happy with the signing of Jon Flanagan despite some dissenting voices moralising over the capture.

The 25-year old right back confirmed his permanent switch north to Ibrox on a two year deal yesterday, and with the press attention the move was gaining the site elected to poll our readers’ opinions.

An overwhelming 86% were happy with the signing, leaving just 14% who were not – so the majority of angry dissenting voices in the support decrying the signing are the good old ‘noisy minority’.

However even more curiously fans do not want him as a replacement for current right back James Tavernier.

In an Ibrox Noise poll, a stunning 72% want James Tavernier and Jon Flanagan in the same XI, implying strongly that’s the combination they want on the right flank, with Flanagan taking up defensive duties as the main RB while Tavernier bombs forward as the right winger.

Where this leaves POTY Daniel Candeias is anyone’s guess but it is certainly gives Rangers strong options to have this kind of depth on the right.

Steven Gerrard has worked hard to get quality in depth on the left, with Ovie Ejaria, Jamie Murphy and Scott Arfield to name just three of the options, but the right hand side seemed a tad neglected.

With Flanagan at the rear, Tavernier and Candeias could now provide the attacking threat on that side, giving Rangers lots of quality options.

Good stuff!

Comments System WIDGET PACK