Rangers are set to increase the incredibly successful commercial division after 120 applicants pitched their hats in the ring for the newly-advertised Head of Partnership Management position.
To quote the full ad:
JOB TITLE: Head of Partnership Management
REPORTING LINE: Commercial & Marketing Director
LOCATION: Ibrox Stadium
CONTRACT: Full time, Permanent
A unique and exciting opportunity has arisen for a Head of Partnership Management to join the Commercial & Marketing department at Rangers Football Club.
Rangers’ commercial partner family has grown exponentially to over thirty partners in an 18-month period, in line with the club’s overarching growth strategy and ambitions to be re-established as a leading club in European football.
The Head of Partnership Management will be responsible for managing relations with this growing family of Commercial Partners. The leadership position will play a pivotal role in the continued expansion of the club’s partnership programme, both domestically and in key international territories.
Reporting to the Commercial & Marketing Director, the Head of Partnership management will set the strategic vision outlining how Rangers engage with their commercial partners and ensuring best in class client servicing and delivery of contractual rights.
This dynamic role will require a natural ability to build meaningful relationships with key stakeholders across a diverse portfolio of club partners, whilst forming a deep understanding of their differing business objectives.
The Head of Partnership Management will engage with partners on a daily basis to build and execute partnership activation campaigns across multiple verticals, including marketing campaigns, broadcast, live experiences at Ibrox stadium, player access, digital content creation & social media.
• Build and foster excellent relationships with Rangers Official Partners, whilst providing guidance on the management of Rangers Associate Partners and Official Suppliers
• Driving continuous ‘Added Value’ for club partners, ensuring their sponsorship strategy and partnership objectives are consistently met or exceeded
• Pioneer innovative partnerships activations and work in close collaboration with the wider department to ensure partner activities compliment and remain compatible to the club’s own marketing, branding and digital objectives
• Maximise the value and impact of partnerships with a focus on digital & social platforms
• Ensure the flawless delivery of the partners contractual rights and handle troubleshooting & escalated matters
• Design and execute cross-departmental strategic plans in support of partners
• Work in close collaboration with the Head of Commercial Partnerships & Senior Partnership & Events Manager to ensure a smooth transition from new partnership sales to account management
• Possess deep knowledge of each partner’s macro business, including their specific brand and sponsorship goals, as well as an understanding of global business trends and innovations
• Provide leadership to the wider partnership team
• Analyse research and digital data to demonstrate the performance of club partnerships
• Operate cross-functionally, forming close working relationships the wider Commercial & Marketing leadership team
• Support with the delivery and organisation of key partner meetings and conferences
• Support the successful renewal of partnerships, under the guidance of the Head of Commercial Partnerships
If ever Rangers were growing off the pitch, this is the latest evidence of the stunning inroads being made under the superb James Bisgrove.
If anyone in our audience thinks they’re to the task, the vacancy remains open!