Tuesday, 18 December 2018

60% of Rangers fans want Gerrard to move for £500,000 striker target....


Rangers have been linked to a host of players next month, both incoming and outgoing, and one such is Ayr United’s Lawrence Shankland who has been tearing up the Championship in fine style with 27 goals in 23 appearances.

His manager Ian McCall would obviously prefer to keep him but faces losing him next summer for nothing, and has instead put a £500,000 price tag on his head with interest brewing from Jack Ross’s Sunderland.

In an Ibrox Noise poll, 60% of responding fans were in favour of Steven Gerrard making a move instead for the self-confessed Rangers fan, while the remaining 40% preferred a deal for Liverpool’s Dominic Solanke.

With Shankland’s numbers stratospheric, and he being one of us, we are well aware his capture next month would be a very positively received acquisition, and we would have to go with him too.

7 comments:

  1. He's signing for Swansea.Done deal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good Championship record but so too did Nicky Clark and Jason Cummings both found wanting at the higher level.

    Could be worth a punt but don't put too much on his shoulders...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stephen Dobbie has scored more goals for Queen of the South but there is no clamour to sign him. Leave it to the scouts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We really can't afford to take any chances with our striking options next year. We must have proven goal scorers on the pitch and on the bench. At this level Shankland must be a gamble. Sign him if the scouts think he is up to it but we need better more established options too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't go with this he is one of us stuff means nothing. We just want players coming to rangers to play for us and the jersey him being one of us does not cut it with me seen this type of player before for us and boomed big time.

    ReplyDelete

By commenting on this article on Ibroxnoise.co.uk, you confirm you have read and understood the site terms, conditions, and moderation parameters (provided on the home page) of doing so.