Tuesday, 3 July 2018

Rangers to lose key duo for next season; developing

Rangers fans have been hit by a potential double blow after last season’s strike force of Alfredo Morelos and Jason Cummings looked doubtful to remain in place at all next season.

Ibrox Noise already confirmed some weeks ago that the Cummings situation had briefly sparked back to life when STV’s Raman Bhardwaj reported negotiations to be ongoing, but the disparity over the fee made it a non-starter. Forest are said to want a seven figure sum for a player they paid a similar amount to Hibs for, while Rangers don’t want to pay much more than a six-figure total, roughly around £500,000.

Subsequently some agencies have reported the deal is dead in the water.

However, his (former) rival/partner at Ibrox, Morelos, now finds himself at the centre of yet more Turkish chaos as Fenerbahce’s DoF Damien Comolli reportedly travelled to Glasow for talks over bringing Rangers’ star striker to the Mediterranean.

We weren’t clear on whether the interest from the Turk giants remained ongoing, with Morelos himself looking so happy in training recently, but it seems they remain in the hunt to secure the player.

There had been claims an ‘unnamed Chinese team’ had outbid them for the 21-year old, but with Comolli now in Glasgow to take negotiations to the next level, it seems that may have been inaccurate and Fenerbahce have been returned to pole position.

They are said to be trying to sign him in time for UCL qualifiers which take place on the 8th of August in their case, but equally Steven Gerrard won’t want to lose his star man before the Europa League gets underway in earnest next week.

Either way, as things stand, Rangers could have a completely new strikeforce next season.

Comments System WIDGET PACK