Wednesday, 6 January 2016

Clark departure story claimed as 'untrue'

BBC Sheffield’s sports editor Andy Giddings today played down the Nicky Clark story which broke last night by dismissing it out of hand as completely untrue.

The striker, 24, had been linked by media sources with a transfer from Rangers to English League One’s Barnsley, but Giddings appears to have received a contradictory story that the claims are untrue. He said:


“Understand there is no truth to reports stating Rangers Nicky Clark is on his way to Barnsley FC. Sources tell me that’s not the case.”

The striker has struggled to maintain a run in the team, and may welcome a fresh challenge anyway, but Giddings’ claims the story has no legs suggests the former Queen of the South man is staying at Ibrox.

Not that Rangers exactly have an embarrassment of riches up front, although nevertheless Clark is not a first choice, with Martyn Waghorn & Kenny Miller most definitely ahead of him in priority.

1 comment:

  1. Nicky Clark has had a fair crack at it at Rangers. Point being that he has little composure when chances come his way and all too often snatches at said opportunities : time to leave.

    ReplyDelete

By commenting on this article on Ibroxnoise.co.uk, you confirm you have read and understood the site terms, conditions, and moderation parameters (provided on the home page) of doing so.